PACDC’s activities have culminated in $180 million to date in new resources for affordable housing and neighborhood economic development.
ACHIEVEability Seeks Vice-President of Finance and Administration
VP, Finance and Administration at ACHIEVEability:
Foster Organizational Financial Health to Help More Families Achieve Self-Sufficiency
As we celebrate our 30th year and with our new strategic plan, ACHIEVEability is set to build on our strong foundation of increasing success in helping families break the generational cycle of poverty. As such, ACHIEVEability is seeking a VP, Finance and Administration, to ensure that our finances and internal infrastructure fully support our planned growth.
ACHIEVEability, the Philadelphia Foundation’s 2006 Good Governance Awardee and the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce’s 2004 Nonprofit of the Year, is seeking a person with integrity, competence, commitment to our mission, communication skills and creativity to be our VP, Finance and Administration.
· Oversees the areas of finance and administration (including legal affairs and risk management), human resources and technology
· Through a strategic business planning perspective as well as daily, hands-on work, develops, maintains and quality assures systems to ensure that data in these areas are collected and analyzed, with trends forecasted and recommendations made
· Presents the information regularly to various audiences, including our CEO, other department VPs, staff, the board and its finance committee in order to guide decision-making and management
· As new projects are developed, brings the financial perspective in the development of new projects
· Ensures the organization’s financial compliance with the requirements of our grants and contracts, including those from federal, state and local government, investors, institutional funders and individual donors.
· Fosters good financial understanding and good relationships with multiple stakeholders, including board, staff, funders, vendors, program participants and the community at large.
· Passionate about the mission of ACHIEVEability, has the highest standards of integrity, and will pass background checks
· Solid accounting skills and background; Practical experience in the operations of a business and/or nonprofit
· At least a bachelor’s degree in business, economics or related field (a graduate degree in these disciplines is preferred)
· Significant demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit finance, including at least seven years of experience in the financial administration of government grants
· Knowledge of real estate accounting is a plus
· Able to communicate financial concepts and relates well to persons and audiences with differing levels of financial knowledge and skills
· Flexible, a creative and strategic thinker, focused on driving results.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. On the subject line, indicate: VPFA – YourFirstName YourLastName. In your cover letter, please tell us: (a) how you found out about this position, (b) your salary requirement, (c) what you think are the three most important principles regarding nonprofit finance, and (d) your references – two supervisors, two peers and two supervisees.
- About PACDC
- News Room
- Contact Us
- Calendar of Events
The Philadelphia Housing Trust Fund has raised nearly $95 million since September 2005 to expand housing opportunities for more than 14,000 Philadelphia families.
The CDC Tax Credit Program has fostered 40 partnerships between businesses and non-profits that is providing $60 million in new funding for CDC neighborhood economic development.
PACDC’s Member Services programming builds capacity of CDCs through technical assistance, sharing of best practices, networking, and promotion of the local CDC industry.
The local CDC industry generated $3.3 billion in economic impact in Philadelphia during the past 20 years.
PACDC launched the Community Development Leadership Institute to provide expert trainings on a broad range of critical topics to build the capacity of CDCs across Philadelphia.
Find Your Lawmakers
Tell them what you think
Your contribution to PACDC helps make affordable housing and neighborhood economic development possible.
Donor Choice Campaign:
Designate PACDC on your Campaign Form
(Donor Choice #12966)