As white leaders committed to social justice, we don’t always have a full understanding of how our own racialized experiences are impacting our work and relationships. As we uncover pieces of our whiteness, sometimes we find ugliness that we’d rather not see. This series will help us better understand the stories and messages we receive, internalize, and enact. Through critical reflection, with compassion for ourselves and each other, we can begin to heal ourselves so that we can be whole in the fight for racial justice.
Over three sessions we will utilize dialogue, critical self reflection, mindfulness, and creativity to:
– Build support between white peers committed to racial equity and justice.
– Identify the ways whiteness creates isolation, disconnection and harm in our lives.
– Engage in dialogue to build capacity for connection, constructive conflict, and healing.
– Develop a healthy and self aware approach to long term racial justice work.
Participants must attend all three sessions:
1. Mapping racial identity – November 1st from 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
2. Whiteness in Relationships – November 8th from 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
3. Healing and Action – November 22nd from 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Note: if you are not sure if this workshop is for you, we would love to hear your questions and concerns.