The African Cultural Alliance of North America (ACANA) is located in the heart of Southwest Philadelphia. This community development corporation is geared towards the creation of vibrant business community and ready to utilize City, State and other resources towards improving the quality of life in the neighborhood through small and medium skill enterprise development.
The Community and Business Development Manager facilitates its community and business strategy on the commercial corridors. The ideal candidate is expected to cultivate relationships with a diverse business/client base and have lending experience. He/she will serve as an intermediary between Business Owners on Woodland, Elmwood and Chester Avenues and the City Departments and Other technical and micro-lending providers.
Summary of Duties:
– Refer and work with business owners to secure loans.
– Coordinate and communicate revitalization efforts with businesses along commercial corridors.
– Assist with loan portfolio collections through the lending process.
– Provide training and technical assistance such as bookkeeping, business plan development, etc. before and after loan closing.
– Track list of vacant commercial spaces and work to place entrepreneurs in the appropriate locations.
– Organize the Business Association.
– Serve as a liason between business owners and city departments.
– Provide technical assistance to business owners for the Storefront Improvement Program.
– Attend neighborhood/community and other agency meetings.