ARTZ Philadelphia was founded on the belief that people living with dementia should be accorded the benefits of well-being and quality of life that others enjoy. We offer opportunities for interactions around arts and culture that turn this belief into reality. We are committed to supporting and celebrating people with dementia and their care partners as valued members of our wider creative community.
Our mission is to provide opportunities for self-expression and for the rebuilding of self-esteem and dignity to people with dementia and those who care for them. We achieve this mission through evidence-based programs that connect people living with dementia and their care partners with artists, cultural organizations, and each other.
The Community Outreach & Administrative Coordinator will have a deep commitment to the mission of ARTZ Philadelphia. The person in this position will represent the organization in diverse communities throughout Greater Philadelphia and will work with the Executive Director to develop and implement initiatives that fulfill ARTZ Philadelphia’s mandates to engage and enliven, to build empathy and educate. The person who fills this role will take on both outreach and administrative responsibilities, and will therefore have the ability to envision the big picture and also feel satisfaction in attending to and managing the small details.
This is a new position that has evolved with the changing needs and program growth of the organization. It offers exciting opportunities for diverse experiences, for engaging a varied skill set, and for growth in the organization.
Summary of Duties:
– Primary staff liaison to community- and stakeholder-driven projects.
– Work with the Executive Director and Community Liaisons to guide projects in direct response to community input.
– Manage, schedule, and coordinate programs and special events.
– Oversee volunteer recruitment and trainings.
– Work with Board Outreach Committee as well as Program Facilitators to develop and expand volunteer program.
– Create content for the website and newsletter, also serving as the Website Manager.
– Administrative duties for the ED and Board including maintaining a grants calendar, fundraising, marketing, and publicity.