Ceiba is a non-profit organization that promotes the financial development of the Latino community through a holistic approach to asset building that involves financial literacy education, free tax preparation, access to affordable housing, matched savings programs, and access to the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Summary of Duties:
– Writing narrative reports for internal and external distribution
– Helping to manage, recruit, and retain staff and volunteers
– Coordinating structured savings programs for immigrants
– Providing some direct services and running educational activities for clients in both individual and in group workshop settings
– Representing Ceiba at meetings, conferences, presentations, and other activities
– Keeping up to date on public policy matters relating to Financial Literacy, Asset Building, Community Development, Affordable Housing, Coalition Building, Latino Affairs, Civil Rights, Immigration, the Rights of the Limited English Proficient, and other issues relevant to the work of Ceiba