The mission of PolicyLab at CHOP is to achieve optimal child health by informing program and policy changes through research. And since research articles on their own are unlikely to produce change, PolicyLab has a team of communications and policy professionals who work with the researchers to translate their work for a broad array of program and policy audiences. This approach requires PolicyLab to work with practitioners, policymakers and other community stakeholders.
PolicyLab at CHOP is seeking a Health Policy Director to work closely with the Director of PolicyLab to provide leadership in identifying, executing, and growing the policy agenda. The Health Policy Director will also work in tandem with the Scientific Director and Senior Communications & Operations Manager on policy priorities that support the advancement and dissemination of research.
Summary of Duties:
– Serve as the lead identifier of new policy goals and objectives.
– Support research staff in their pursuit of conducting policy-relevant research.
– Provide quality control for reports and publications.
– Work closely with the communications team to strategize new was to disseminate research materials.
– Identify and maintain parterships for maintaining visibility as a policy-influencer.
– Manage a staff of Strategists.