Healthier Together is an innovative 5-year initiative to improve the health of children in West Philadelphia by addressing specific, prioritized social determinants of health including housing, trauma, hunger, and poverty.
The Program Associate is responsible for furthering the day-to-day tasks that advance the goals of the Office of Community Relations and supporting program implementation for Healthier Together. This role reports to the Senior Director of Community Engagement in the Office of Community Relations.
This position is ideal for a candidate interested in public or community health.
Summary of Duties:
– Support project plans, including timeline management to assist with meeting target deliverables and milestones.
– Coordinate events/programs and provide operational support to programs as needed.
– Coordinate scheduling and meeting requests.
– Provide meeting support including logistical set up, notetaking and document preparation.
– Process payments, invoices and general expense items for programs, as needed.
– Draft appropriate messaging and presentations for CHOP staff, researchers, community members, prospective donors, and media in collaboration with Development and Marketing.
– Support proposal development for grants and awards.
– Monitor website content and collaborate with appropriate staff to update and ensure programs are appropriately highlighted.
– Monitor and manage Healthier Together email account.
– Develop and maintain relationships with key CHOP stakeholders, peers, government officials, and community-based organizations.
– Stay current on leading national models of social determinants of health.