The Department of Commerce helps businesses—large and small—thrive in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is the perfect home for your business, offering:
- Reasonable office rents and cost of living.
- A ready workforce.
- A central location on the Northeast corridor.
We work to:
- Attract and keep a diverse set of businesses.
- Revitalize neighborhoods by building vibrant commercial districts.
- Support small businesses and improve access to funding.
- Develop a strong talent pipeline.
- Increase contracting opportunities for minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses.
The Communications Director for Philadelphia’s Department of Commerce is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to communicate the work of the department and elevate Philadelphia’s global reputation as a place for business. The Commerce Communications Director will also lead a team that includes: Commerce Marketing & Digital Communications Manager, Communications Director for the Office of Workforce Development, and Communications Director for PHL Airport. The position reports to the First Deputy Commerce Director and works closely with the Deputy Communications Director in the Mayor’s Office to ensure that Commerce’s messaging aligns with overall administration goals.