The Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity (CEO) seeks to align the City’s efforts to increase opportunities for low-income peoples using a shared anti-poverty agenda known as Shared Prosperity Philadelphia. CEO falls under the auspices of the City’s Health and Human Services (HHS) Cabinet.
CEO is seeking a Benefits Community Liaison to provide internal and external administrative support, and this person will report to the Benefits Access Unit Manager with assigned duties from the Operations Director.
Summary of Duties:
– Develop a resource guide for clients’ needs, and create an auditable paper trail to demonstrate referrals given to residents.
– Provide direct assistance to residents and communities, including helping staff confirm benefits and provide referrals.
– Interview clients and assess provided information to establish the nature of assistance needed.
– Collect information from clients to identify and report on the result of the services rendered.
– Detail challenges and successes in outreach projects with community. Suggest solutions to resolve challenges.
– Identify and report gaps in services and environmental changes and/or events that will impact residents and communities.
– Represent the agency at community events.
– Plan, direct, and coordinate community outreach programs.
– Establish, maintain, and formalize relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet community needs and to ensure that services complement one another.