The City of Philadelphia is the sixth largest city in the United States and one of the largest employers in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We strive to effectively deliver services, to resolve the challenges facing our city, and to make Philadelphia a place where all of our residents have the opportunity to reach their potential.
The Department of Planning and Development (DPD) coordinates Philadelphia’s planning, zoning, development, and housing functions to promote the economic health of all neighborhoods and the City.
The Philadelphia City Planning Commission (PCPC) is a division within the Department of Planning and Development, tasked with guiding the development and growth of the City.
The Citizens Planning Institute (CPI) is the outreach, education, and civic engagement arm of the Philadelphia City Planning Commission to more actively involve citizens in the planning and development process. The CPI staff (of two) connects them with City resources and other Citizen Planners working on similar issues or in the same neighborhood.
The Program Manager position is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Citizens Planning Institute. The position will assist the Director of CPI in developing policies to enhance the CPI program to advance strategic initiatives identified in its five-year expansion program.
The position reports to the Director of the Citizens Planning Institute.
Summary of Duties:
– Managing the delivery of the semi-annual course series including leading outreach and recruitment, coordinating logistics for weekly classes.
– Managing the promotion of CPI including managing website content/social media/quarterly newsletter, developing content for “Citizen Planners in Action” stories, updating content of the Citizens Toolkit.
– Managing Advisory Board meeting logistics and preparation.
– Managing the Alumni Committee to build stronger networks between graduates and strengthen continued engagement by graduates.
– Assisting with development of new CPI programs and metrics.