Philly Counts 2020 was established by Mayor Kenney in February of 2019 to lead all City efforts related to the 2020 Census. We are responsible for convening the City of Philadelphia Complete Count Committee, supporting all US Census Bureau efforts including recruitment and onboarding of new staff, and all aspects of community engagement to ensure a complete and accurate count.
The Director of Communications and Digital Engagement for Philly Counts 2020 is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to communicate the importance of a complete and accurate count and encourage participation in the 2020 Census. The Director will also work with partner organizations to ensure a cohesive communications strategy and message across all Complete Count Subcommittees.
Summary of Duties:
– Develop relationships with reporters who will cover the Census
– Create press releases, spearhead press events, media alerts, Q&A, and other media materials
– Develop briefing documents and talking points for Mayor Kenney, Philly Counts Executive Director Stephanie Reid, and other senior staff
– Manage Philly Counts digital resources such as phila.gov/census and social media pages
– Lead layout and design efforts for all external materials and projects
– Develop PowerPoint and other visual presentations for meetings, speaking engagements, and other public events
This position is temporary and will end upon the completion of census work in 2020.