Philly Counts 2020 was established by Mayor Kenney in February of 2019 to lead all City efforts related to the 2020 Census. We are responsible for convening the City of Philadelphia Complete Count Committee, supporting all US Census Bureau efforts including recruitment and onboarding of new staff, and all aspects of community engagement to ensure a complete and accurate count.
The Philly Counts 2020 Complete Count Committee Director will be responsible for coordinating the City of Philadelphia’s Complete Count Committee and its subcommittees. The Director will oversee Complete Count Committee Organizers charged with building subcommittees, coordinating meetings and collective engagement activities, and general administrative support. The Director will write and oversee the execution of a comprehensive Complete Count Committee plan for the 2020 Census. They will be responsible for setting and meeting goals related to coalition building and collective engagement efforts. This position reports directly to the Philly Counts 2020 Executive Director.
– Writing job descriptions and hiring staff
– Acting as a manager for all Complete Count 2020 committee efforts
– Writing a comprehensive plan for the subcommittees
– Developing a performance management system and holding staff accountable
– Completing and analyzing weekly productivity reports
– Working with key partners (including the US Census Bureau) to reduce duplicated efforts and maximize resources
This position is temporary and will end upon completion of census work in 2020.