Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here.
The Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) in the Department of Commerce ensures that the City is working with diverse businesses to fulfill its needs for goods and services. Each year, the City aims to reach 35 percent participation from minority, women, and disabled-owned enterprises (M/W/DSBEs) on its contracts.
The Senior Director plays a lead role in implementing and overseeing inclusion-related programs that are guided by the City’s legislative mandates and requirements. This position reports to the Deputy Director of the OEO.
Summary of Duties:
– Provide oversight to majority of OEO staff with feedback and day-to-day instruction.
– Assist with legislative requirements, including reporting, testimony, and development of legislation.
– Play a coordinating role in the development of the annual Disparity Study.
– Consult with Procurement to maintain communication on any technical issues and track progress on contracts/bids.
– Open and monitor investigations on non-compliant vendors to resolve and remedy compliance matters.
– Track contract participation; measure/analyze results and make recommendations.
– Work with Data and Policy Director to prepare reports on Economic Opportunity Plans.
– Work with major stakeholders and affinity groups to insure alignment of diversity and inclusion strategy.