The Design Advocacy Group (DAG) is a public forum and advocate for design quality and equity in the planning, architecture, preservation and physical development of Philadelphia. DAG is volunteer organization whose more than 1,700 members come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
The Fellow oversees DAG’s overall communications, provides administrative and logistical support for monthly meetings and special events, plus assists in the execution of advocacy projects. The DAG Fellow will report to the chair of DAG, and supports the chairs of four advocacy task force chairs (Complete Streets, Design Equity, Historic Preservation and Waterfronts).
Summary of Duties:
– Maintain DAG’s website/web content and presence on social media, actively monitoring social media feeds.
– Design and send bi-monthly eblasts to DAG’s 1,700+ members.
– Coordinate with vendors (venue, catering, printing, etc.) and offer other administrative/logistical support for special events.
– Attend and take notes at all monthly DAG meetings, quarterly Steering Committee meetings, and advocacy task force meetings; distribute notes as directed.
– Conduct research to support advocacy initiatives, including interviews with agencies and research in publications and collections of plans and photographs.
– Assist with fundraising (grant writing/reporting and fundraising campaigns), membership outreach, and organizational development.
– File financial invoices, download financial reports, etc. as needed using Sage Intaact accounting software.
– Monitor and follow up on financial reports quarterly to the DAG Steering Committee.
The DAG Fellowship begins on September 1, 2019, and continues for twelve months.
The application is due by July 31, 2019.