The Economy League of Greater Philadelphia is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit driving cross-sector alignment around initiatives that spur inclusive economic growth and improve the quality of life for all in Greater Philadelphia. As the region’s premier think-and-do tank, the Economy League constantly strives to surface leading-edge challenges and opportunities in Greater Philadelphia, identify cutting-edge solutions from around the world, and foster collaboration to drive change.
The Community Engagement Program engages community members, business and civic leaders, area companies, nonprofit organizations, and public-sector partners to identify and support innovative collaborations that draw upon regional strengths to address civic challenges.
The Program Manager will report to the Managing Director and have primary responsibility for managing all Civic Impact Program activities.
Summary of Duties:
– Recruit partners and collaborators from across sectors to participate in the civic impact challenge.
– Plan and manage meetings of the program advisory board, program committees, advisor workshops, and other meetings.
– Manage correspondence with members of program advisory board and committees, volunteer advisors and judges, program participants, and other stakeholders involved in the program.
– Develop programming for and manage delivery of multiple “rapid incubator workshops”.
– Plan and manage public events, including informational sessions, pitch events, and community showcase events.
– Develop and manage programming for an “impact accelerator” focused on helping participants execute pilot projects, build out business plans, and prepare teams to pitch funders for seed investment.
– Manage program marketing and communications.
This is a contract position, currently funded for 12 months. In 2020, Economy League leadership will work to secure dedicated funding that will enable this role to become a full-time, salaried position.
Application Deadline: December 13th, 2019 @ 5:00 PM.