The Enterprise Center CDC brings The Enterprise Center’s economic development mission to the neighborhood level in West Philadelphia through community engagement and neighborhood revitalization.
The Community Engagement Associate will be the point person for our community outreach efforts and the Neighborhood Advisory Committee (NAC) program. Our NAC service area includes parts of the West Philadelphia neighborhoods of Walnut Hill, Spruce Hill, Garden Court, Dunlap, Cobbs Creek, and Cedar Park. We are looking for a Community Engagement Associate who can help community members connect to resources, is comfortable with community outreach, can plan and manage community meetings, and has experience with tracking and reporting on program activities.
Summary of Duties:
– Lead community outreach and share information around resources and services, including City housing and home repair programs, job training and job opportunities, and community meetings and events.
– Conduct foreclosure prevention outreach to homeowners at risk of losing their homes to mortgage and/or tax foreclosure.
– Help maintain and update the resource center and database of resources for residents.
– Track services provided to residents and meetings attended with partner organizations, and report to DHCD on contract obligations.
– Represent us at meetings and events held by partners and other community organizations.
– Work with community members on the Neighborhood Advisory Subcommittee (NAS) and other civic leaders in the service area.
– Help with planning, setting up, and coordinating service area briefings, community meetings, workshops, and other events.
– Assist in the preparation and distribution of community newsletters.
– Refer neighborhood businesses to our business development and business financing services.