The Community Investment Business Development Manager is responsible for engaging members and community stakeholders to use the Bank’s community investment products and to participate in affordable housing and community enhancement activities.
As an intermediary between global capital markets and local lenders, FHLBank Pittsburgh provides readily available liquidity, as well as affordable housing and community development opportunities, to member financial institutions in Delaware, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The billions we lend to members every day are powered by a small tight-knit workforce focused on the Bank’s mission to enhance our members’ business and vitalize communities.
The Community Investment Business Development Manager will demonstrate proficiency in:
- Serving as the Business Development Manager for the Bank’s Community Investment products, including sales, marketing, and relationship-building with members, community stakeholders and strategic partners.
- In cooperation with the Member Experience and Marketing position, Communications team and Community Investment product managers, creating and monitoring the Bank’s marketing plan; assisting with tracking, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the plan and accomplishments; and providing recommendations for enhancements to the plan.
- In cooperation with the Community Investment product managers, executing sales, education, technical assistance and relationship-building tactics in the marketing plan to engage members and community stakeholders to use community investment products. Tactics will include: Affordable Housing Program (AHP) technical assistance and member-developer matching, presentations, workshops, events and sales calls.
- Overseeing the Bank’s community investment contacts and use of its customer relationship management system, MICI, to ensure that all community investment contacts are up-to-date and all relevant activity is recorded accurately and timely.
- Directing the Community Investment team’s activity related to strategic partners, sponsorships, relationships with organizations that have diverse membership, conference attendance/exhibiting and presentations. This includes establishing a strategy, monitoring execution and ensuring appropriate tracking.
- Cooperating with Government Relations to identify opportunities for events and to assist with planning and execution. Represents the Bank at events and serves as a spokesperson, as needed.
- Developing of the annual Community Lending Plan; participating and contributing to community investment business strategy discussions and engaging in the development the annual AHP Implementation Plan and other specialized reports.
- Participating in all aspects of the relationship with the Affordable Housing Advisory Council (Council), including the preparation of the Council Workbook, meeting packages, relationship- and consensus-building on issues, and presentations at meetings.
- Participating and supporting the Blueprint Communities® initiative, including relationship-building with state partners, connecting Bank products and members to Blueprint Community teams/projects, and recommending enhancements to the initiative.
- Providing the advocacy necessary to encourage innovative community development that results in more efficient use of resources and better delivery structures.
- Advising the Bank’s Board of Directors, the Council and Bank management on market opportunities and effectiveness of the Bank’s community investment products, identifying issues and needs of the Bank’s district and recommending initiatives that may be undertaken to meet these needs, and serving the as liaison to the Federal Housing Finance Agency, as necessary.
- Identifying, developing and implementing new products that support the Bank’s vision and mission.