The Fishtown Kensington Area Business Improvement District has completed a 16 month planning process and approval of the BID is pending in Philadelphia City Council. It is expected that the Executive Director position will begin on January 1, 2020 if the BID is successfully established.
The inaugural Executive Director will report to the 15-member FKABID Board of Directors and, with the Board, will be responsible for implementing the BID’s 5 year plan. He/she will be supported by one full-time corridor manager and one part-time staff member, to be hired by the Executive Director, as well as contract support on an as-needed basis in the areas of public relations, branding, website development, market analysis research, public space enhancements, and accounting.
Summary of Duties:
– Initiate the necessary infrastructure to manage all FKABID operations, including hiring a corridor manager, part-time staff and consulting firms.
– Develop relationships with the area property and business owners, representative elected officials, funders, and civic community group representatives.
– Work with New Kensington CDC to implement and manage street cleaning services and engage community groups on coordinating public spaces.
– Implement marketing strategies to showcase businesses, available vacant properties, and the Fishtown Kensington personality to help existing businesses thrive and attract new businesses.
– Identifying and addressing small and large scale capital and maintenance improvements.
– Manage the activities of the Board.
– Manage the KFABID’s budget and identify new sources of revenue.
– Create and manage committees to assist with the organization.