Germantown United Community Development Corporation is seeking a student to fill the role of Strategic Planning Intern. They will work rotationally with the Business Development Manager, Deputy Director, and Neighborhood Advisory Committee Manager. The student should expect hands-on experience with business owners, city agencies, politicians, community leaders, mission-based lenders, realtors, and developers, as GUCDC develops new strategies for streamlined services using a patchwork of municipal and alternative resources.
While subject to applicant skillset and interest, a preliminary list of projects are as follows:
- Business Development Research on best practices for entrepreneurship, vacancy mitigation, clean and safe initiatives, alternative financing, and Opportunity Zones
- Business and Customer Surveying
- Outreach to Germantown residents on housing needs
- Zoning research
- Fundraising and Development
- Digital Content Management