Habitat’s Repair Program expands on its traditional homeownership model to provide critical home repair services to low-income homeowners in Philadelphia. The goal of the Repair Program is to preserve families in their homes by making their houses safe, warm, dry, and energy efficient.
Summary of Duties:
– Operate as a primary carpenter for all occupied residential repair projects- interior and exterior, ranging from structural repair to finish work.
– Perform general masonry and basic mechanical (electrical, plumbing, HVAC) repairs.
– Coordinate with Repair Project Managers to schedule and fulfill assigned project work orders.
– Manage all onsite construction activity necessary for completing each repair project: in-house technical work, and volunteer work days, punch list and warranty issues.
– Supervise project preparation, including purchase of materials and gathering of tools and equipment.
– Communicate with homeowners to set expectations regarding workday schedules, project staging, potential disruptions, house security, and safety.
– Be fully respectful of occupant’s living space: plan work days to allow ample time for task completion and thorough site clean-up
– Manage and lead volunteer work days in basic repair tasks.
– Manage, supervise, and train AmeriCorps assistant in home repair and weatherization with a focus on mentoring.
Turn in your application to Indeed.com by July 31st, 2019!