At Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia, we are builders who work alongside, not for, others. We are driven by accountability and defined by our stick-to-itiveness. Habitat’s Construction Program drives its homeownership program by developing and constructing both new construction and rehab properties for sale to families in Habitat’s homeownership pipeline.
The Construction Project Manager reports to the Senior Director of Programs and manages multiple construction projects in all phases of construction of mainly single-family homes, including development of work scopes and budgets, maintenance of subcontractor relationships, project progress reporting, and financial tracking for in-progress projects. The CPM will ensure accurate project documentation invoicing and work with construction financing partners. The CPM will be a results-oriented, highly-organized individual and strong team player who works hand-in-hand with the Senior Director of Programs, Construction Superintendent, Director of Project Planning, and Finance team.
Summary of Duties:
– Evaluate project specifications and review project plans to determine timeframe, funding limitations, and procedures.
– Develop preliminary in-house cost estimates for projects, including staffing requirements and the allotment of available resources.
– Manage project-level work plan for each phase of projects, focusing on subcontractors and vendors.
– Monitor and report schedule adjustments that affect budget or home sales.
– Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors and subcontractors, and select the right trade contractors for the project.
– Assist with bidding, RFPs, and vendor contracts. Maintain contractual agreements including descoping and evaluating change orders.
– Assisting with the expansion of bulk ordering and inventory systems and assess new construction means and methods.
– Assist with ensuring projects are being completed and invoiced in a timely manner, according to budget.
Application Deadline is September 23rd, 2019.