This is a highly responsible position for the HACE Main Street Program. The employee in this position must exercise good judgment, be able to communicate both orally and in writing. Candidate must demonstrate courtesy and tactfulness particularly in the solving of problems and performance of other administrative duties. Must be organized, able to delegate and supervise volunteer staff.
This Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm organized, hourly position assumes a 37.5 hour work week, exclusive of lunch. Specific responsibilities include:
• Assist in the coordination and documentation of the various Main Street Program committee meetings in accordance with each respective committee’s work plans.
• Assist in building strong and productive working relationship with the business community, non-profits and city public agencies.
• Assist in the preparation and research of grant proposals.
• Assist in the development of ongoing public awareness and educational programs designed to enhance and foster an understanding of the Main Street Program goal and objective.
• Assist in the coordination of promotional events such as community clean ups, festivals and other promotional events.
• Assist in the development and maintaining of data systems used to track the progress of the Main Street Program. Data systems will include the monitoring of building inventories in the business corridor, photographic documentation of all physical changes, business retention and other data as required by HACE funders and lenders of the program.
• Keep accurate and up-to-date records of equipment inventory and supplies.
• Greet office visitors.
• Prepare letters, reports, proposals, spread sheets and other correspondence.
• Responsible for the follow-up and/ or answer routine information.
• Responsible for maintaining file system.
• Receive incoming telephone calls.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Supervise the volunteer clerical staff assigned.