HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations.
Reporting to the Program Director, you’ll complete intakes for eligible clients, ensure that required documentation is received and processed, and facilitating a rapid housing search in a time-sensitive manner so that clients are rehoused as quickly as possible.
Summary of duties:
– Rapidly connecting clients to apartments with rental assistance provided by the program.
– Escorting clients to view apartments.
– Acting as point person for apartment inspections, housing linkages, lease signings, renewals, etc. and providing landlord/tenant mediation services.
– Assisting clients with tasks related to moving into permanent housing (attending lease signings, ensuring utilities are turned on, coordinating transportation for moving, etc.)
– Developing new housing resources and networking with current Philadelphia and Pennsylvania housing subsidy programs.
– Conducting client-centered workshops that educate and assist with housing, finances/ budgeting, and navigating housing court.