SUMMARY: The Community Engagement Project Manager organizes and implements Impact’s community engagement activities in the Heart of Kensington Plan Area. This includes conducting outreach for and staffing Impact’s various community engagement events within their project areas.The Community Engagement Project Manager will also manage the community connector’s team and lead the community engagement efforts in the McPherson Square Focus Zone of the neighborhood plan. He/she reports to the Director of Community Development and supports the Community Development team as needed.
- Community Connectors Program: Manage the community connectors program, which includes attending all community connectors institute workshops and training and helping to facilitate trainings as needed. The CE Project Manager also will lead weekly team meetings with connectors to reinforce skills covered at trainings, support them in development and implementation of their block-level plans, and coordinate weekly schedules to ensure engagement goals set for each focus zone are met.
- Organizing and Outreach: Promote civic engagement and attendance at organized cleanups and events in the McPherson Square Focus Zone, which includes organizing, coordinating, and leading teams of volunteers during cleanups and blight elimination projects. The community engagement coordinator will also help manage relationships with local block captains and support Impact’s Street Camp summer program to advance and implement block level goals in the focus zone. Conduct weekly canvassing of targeted neighborhood areas to ensure consistent communication and promotion of Impact events.
- Community involvement: Represent Impact at community meetings throughout the McPherson Square Focus Zone. These include, but are not limited to, El Barrio es Nuestro, McPherson Action Group, Friends of McPherson, Kensington Neighbors Association, and 24th District PDAC. The CE Project Manager will take notes to share with the Community Development team as needed and present on Impact initiatives and engage with residents, community leaders, officials, and business owners as appropriate.
- Service Liaison: Provide information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy to assist residents and neighbors in accessing services and resources. Seek out resources if needed so that Impact may better meet the needs of local residents.
- Record keeping, reporting, and data management: Maintain detailed information on attendance, volunteer rosters, and asset mapping. Create surveys and keep up with grant reporting requirements. Work closely with the Community Development team to provide ongoing support for inter-organizational communication and data tracking and monitoring.