Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest. Inglis House is a specialized, skilled nursing, long-term care community. Inglis is a Person-Centered Care community specializing in services to non-geriatric adults with severe neurodegenerative physical disabilities resulting in paraplegia and quadriplegia. A key aspect of the mission of serving younger adults is recognizing that they typically have a wider range of needs, and they provide personal and enrichment services that enable residents to live life to the fullest. Inglis is also the largest provider of affordable accessible housing in the Greater Philadelphia region with more than 300 accessible, affordable apartment homes for people with disabilities.
The Vice President, Executive Director of Inglis Housing Corporation (IHC) leads the development and oversight of affordable, accessible housing options for people with disabilities. This position provides a housing and community development perspective to the Executive Team of Inglis and the Board and its Committees in the development and implementation of Inglis’ strategic plan. The VP serves as the primary staff liaison to the Inglis Housing Corporation’s Board of Directors and participates in other Foundation Board and Committees as requested.
Summary of Duties:
– Lead the implementation of Inglis Housing Corporation’s strategic plan.
– Strengthen and expand the scope of Inglis’ relationships with local, state, and federal elected officials that influence the allocation of funding for affordable housing.
– Build and maintain a high profile for Inglis in the affordable housing community at the local, state and national levels through networking, attendance at conferences and speaking engagements.
– Identify, evaluate and negotiate the purchase of land or existing buildings with redevelopment potential in locations that are appropriate for the Inglis population.
– Maintain relationships with tax credit partners and entities that have provided financing to Inglis communities and provide financial and management reports to those entities as required.
– Develop and maintain relationships with organizations to partner on affordable housing developments.
– Lead the development of new communities including the development team, project design, government approvals, contract negotiations, funding applications, and construction management oversight.
– Ensure the effectiveness of Inglis Housing Corporation’s property management and compliance systems and staffing structure.
– Work with Finance and Property Management teams to develop and manage budgets and rent increase requests for HUD, Investors and Partners.
– Participate actively in Inglis Executive and Senior Team meetings and planning processes.
– Serve as primary staff liaison for the Inglis Housing Corporation Board, and participate in other Inglis Foundation Board and Committee meetings as requested by President & CEO or Board Chair.