Knight Foundation works in 26 communities in the United States. Philadelphia is one of them. As a national foundation with deep local roots, Knight works locally and then shares successful ideas across communities when and where it makes sense. We are seeking a part-time assistant (25 hours per week) to help drive that work in Philadelphia. As part of the community and national initiatives team, you’ll work closely with our director/Philadelphia.
- Administering and organizing the Philadelphia office, including light phone duty, mail, supplies and liaising with Miami headquarters.
- Scheduling and coordinating the director’s calendar and meetings.
- Coordinating events (e.g. venue, catering, logistics, A/V) and providing occasional on-site support for small in-office meetings and larger community meetings and information sessions.
- Working closely with the director on the Philadelphia office budget and submitting all Philadelphia and director expenses to Miami headquarters.
- Making travel and other reservations for the director.
- Updating database information in the foundation’s grants management, contacts and budget systems.
- Crafting correspondence related to queries, proposals, grants, rejections, payments and other matters.
- Organizing, preparing and disseminating documents.
Application Deadline: August 16, 2019