The Summer Communications Intern will ensure our community partners and external stakeholders have the latest information about LISC Philadelphia. The intern will help the Assistant Program Officer of Communications & Resource Development to identify, conceptualize, design and execute campaigns to boost engagement, educate and inform external audiences.
Summary of Duties:
– Work with supervisor to establish learning and professional development goals for the internship program.
– Support engaging and dynamic social media content across external channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
– Assist in the creation of monthly e-newsletters, gathering program related data, creating infographics, drafting content, creating graphics, uploading photos etc.
– Act as a liaison between LISC and photographers, graphic designers, and external content creators.
– Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets.
– Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability.
– Support Communications & Resource Development team at external community events.
– Participate in 3 professional development sessions.
The intern will be expected to work 20 to 25 hours per week through Summer 2020.