The Community Health Worker (CHW) will be part of the NKCDC Community Engagement team, working to address quality of life concerns of residents in the Kensington community.
This is an hourly position (up to 25 hours/week) for the 2019 calendar year with the possibility of extending employment term.
Reports to Associate Community Engagement Director.
Spanish language skills highly preferred. Residence in 19134 preferred.
Summary of Duties:
– Attend month long paid training with certification.
– Attend training on trauma-informed community leadership.
– Provide community outreach and organizing in the Kensington community in the following tracks: Community healing and resiliency; Community health; Housing; Youth leadership; Crime and Safety.
– Screen community residents and NKCDC clients for community health and resource needs.
– Refer community residents and NKCDC clients to appropriate services and resources.
– Take part in continuing education, professional development, and employment coaching.