Penn Center for Community Health Workers is a center of excellence for CHW research, patient care and dissemination. CHWs are trained laypeople, hired from local communities, who provide social support, advocacy and navigation to lower-income patients.
Our IMPaCT model is scientifically proven to improve primary care access, chronic disease control, and mental health while reducing hospital days by 65%.
The IMPaCT Assistant Director is a committed, collaborative position that provides leadership and management to help shape population health programs within Philadelphia and Penn Medicine. This is a key leadership role in a fast-growing organization.
Summary of Duties:
– Oversee operations, programs, and performance at a large clinical site.
– Supervise a staff of Managers/Sr. Managers and CHWs to ensure continued quality of outcomes for 1,000 patients each year.
– Analyze data on a regular basis and identify opportunities for improvement. Develop and implement performance improvement plans.
– Cultivate and evaluate opportunities for expansion in Philadelphia and Penn Medicine.
– Represent the Center in major health system initiatives related to population health and the social determinants of health.