The mission of the Penn Center for Community Health Workers is to improve health in high-risk populations through the effective use of Community Health Workers (CHWs). CHWs, hired from within local communities, provide social support, advocacy and navigation to low-income, high-risk patients. Our Center has developed IMPaCT, a CHW program which has been scientifically proven to improve patients’ access to care, engagement with healthcare, and hospital re-admissions.
The Project Manager will supervise a team of Community Health Workers, help us continue to innovate and refine IMPaCT, and influence new models of healthcare for marginalized communities in Philadelphia and across the country.
Summary of Duties:
– Lead a team of 5-7 CHW’s, regularly coaching the team to develop their skills.
– Integrate CHWs with care providers working in the hospital and in primary care clinics.
– Offer ideas for innovating and refining IMPaCT.
– Facilitate team meetings and support groups for patients.
– Conduct basic accounting for project expenses and program management.