The Case Manager for the Emergency and Transitional Housing Program, is responsible for providing case management and supportive services that help families address the causal factors that led to homelessness while providing opportunities for them to achieve and maintain housing stability and self-sufficiency. The case manager will utilize a strengths based approach to engage families in the development of a service plan tailored to meet their unique needs and will provide weekly coaching/counseling to facilitate goal attainment.
– Provide orientation to new residents regarding PEC’s Emergency and Transitional Housing Program and ensure their immediate needs are met
– Assist residents in completing PA COMPASS, CHIP, SSI and/or other applications necessary to secure temporary cash/food assistance and health insurance for all family members
– Generate thorough written assessments for each family
– Engage family members in developing a service plan
– Meet regularly with families to link them to appropriate resources and service providers within the community