Under general supervision, the Director of Compliance and Monitoring is responsible for implementing the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority’s primary compliance and monitoring functions related to economic inclusion for Minority, Women, and Disabled-owned Business Enterprise (M/W/DSBE) monitoring and prevailing wage monitoring/reporting on a day‑to‑day basis.
General Scope of Duties:
– Works with developers, general contractors, and subcontractors (collectively “Contracted Parties”) whose projects require
Economic Opportunity Plans (EOPs) per Philadelphia Code Section 17-600, and/or whose projects require prevailing wage rates
to apply per Federal (Davis-Bacon), State (PA Prevailing Wage Act), or City prevailing wage requirements.
– Provides Contracted Parties with information on specific requirements that apply to their projects.
– Meets with Contracted Parties as needed, and serves as primary point of contact to collect reporting data from Contracted
Parties on a regular basis during the entire course of their projects.
– Monitors projects to ensure the timely submission of required reporting information in the correct format.
– Makes field visits and attends progress meetings as needed.
– Ensures timely and complete submission of information when audited.
– Produces periodic progress reports.
– Interfaces with various other agencies (including Philadelphia Office of Economic Opportunity and Philadelphia Office of
– Seeks strategies for process improvement that may assist Contracted Parties in achieving higher goals.
– May also represent the organization at events, conferences, or other public events relating to economic inclusion or wage