This is technical field work of a high level. The primary responsibilities include the coordination of all phases of housing rehabilitation including new construction, major and moderate rehabilitation, emergency repairs and environmental hazard reduction work, performed by employees or subcontractors of PHDC. An employee in this class is expected to handle all aspects of field work inspection and coordination including the preparation of work specifications, conducting job site conferences and to insure compliance with contract terms, work specification, codes, construction practices, and inspection protocols.
General scope of work:
– Interprets contract documents and assist in resolving disputes with project architects, developers, contractors and
– Conducts jobsite conferences with contractors, work crews, homeowners, developers and other pertinent parties involved in
rehabilitation of housing.
– Conducts interim quality control inspections and final quality control inspections.
– Oversees work performed by subcontractors.
– Assists the Housing Rehabilitation Inspector Supervisor in all phases of work coordination.
– Coordinates information with supervisor and department management staff, project architects, developers, and homeowners.
– Interprets specifications and contract requirements to resolve disputes between the sponsor, contractor and the homeowner.