The Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (PHDC), a non-profit organization funded primarily by the City of Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The Housing Development Officer, working with the Community Investment Group, is responsible for the monitoring, evaluation and coordination of residential projects included in the PHDC’s housing programs.
Summary of Duties:
– Develop list of properties for consideration in PHDC programs.
– Coordinate collection of information necessary for evaluation.
– Determine project feasibility, including evaluation of financial pro formas, market analysis, structural condition and environmental concerns.
– Determine funding sources. Maintain best practices on available financial techniques, including government and private financing.
– Coordinates and monitor preparation of plans for rehabilitation or new constructions.
– Initiate and participate in the selection of contractors for construction or rehabilitation work.
– Assist in the evaluation and monitoring of program objectives and contractual services.
– Attend public hearings.
– Reply to general information requests from public or news media.