American Apprenticeship Grant
This is a grant-funded position, connected to a grant expected to end on or about June 2020. There is also a possibility of an extension beyond June 2020. This position is responsible for promoting, supporting, and advancing pre-apprenticeship and Registered Apprenticeship programs and initiatives in the Southeast Pennsylvania region, including Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties. This position will particularly be focused on conducting outreach to employers around apprenticeships and provide technical assistance and support in the development and operation of pre-apprenticeship and Registered Apprenticeship programs. This position will also provide assistance with scheduling and conducting meetings and events, quarterly reporting, and support the completion of contracts, requests for proposals, and invoices through the organization’s internal financial systems. This position may represent the Apprenticeship Program Director and Philadelphia Works at meetings and events and requires a dedication to earn and learn workforce models in general and apprenticeships in particular.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- With the Apprenticeship Program Director and apprenticeship partners, further the efforts for building With the Apprenticeship Program Director and apprenticeship partners, further the efforts for building visibility, sharing best practices, and addressing challenges around the apprenticeship model.
- Conduct outreach to and engage employers in the benefits, costs, and aspects of pre-apprenticeship and Registered Apprenticeship programs.
- Provide technical assistance and support in the development and operation of pre-apprenticeship and Registered Apprenticeship programs.
- Conduct outreach to and engage educational institutions, training providers, youth-serving and community-based organizations, public agencies and officials, and other entities around pre-apprenticeship and Registered Apprenticeship programs.
- Foster connections with and among partners in developing new and expanding existing pre-apprenticeship and Registered Apprenticeship programs and manage these partnerships.
- Assist in the collection and entering of data into federal and state data collection systems. Will coordinate with internal staff to access data residing in the state workforce system, CWDS. Will assess data for quality and missing items. Will retrieve any missing data or documentation.
- Support in the collection, preparation, and submission of quarterly reports to US DOL and other public agencies.
- Assist in the collection and dissemination of apprenticeship-related content and communications, including through e-newsletters, social media, email, and other media.
- Coordinate and schedule small to large meetings, events, and other convenings with internal staff and external constituencies. Will manage the logistics associated with meetings and events as well as developing and requesting topics, assembling materials, completing the agenda, taking minutes, and sending out follow-up communications. Will maintain documentation of all meetings and events as specified.
- Provide support in the contracting, invoicing, and request for proposal processes. Will learn the internal Contracts Management System to track progress of the bidding and contracting process.
- Build rapport internally and identify where to incorporate apprenticeships in with other initiatives.
- Maintain files, reports, and correspondence.
- Will become proficient in new software and data systems to support the project.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.