The Grant Writer is responsible for grant research, writing proposal development and planning, reporting, information management and sharing as it relates to grant submissions on behalf of Philadelphia Works. Position is a comprehensive planner who organizes, coordinates, and directs multiple planning and evaluation activities.
Summary of Duties:
– Conduct research to identify potential funds for workforce educational programs, projects and operations and identifies economic development, community and educational/training trends that may offer collaborative funding.
– Manage the development of proposals to federal, state, and local government sources, foundations, and corporations.
– Develop a work plan and time table to facilitate planning and developing grant applications.
– Regularly reports to the Executive Team on all grant writing/development activity.
– Attend grant related meetings, cultivate rapport with funding sources, and explore opportunities to collaborate with other community agencies on grant applications.
– Works with Philadelphia Works’ staff to identify needs and service gaps that may be supported by new funding.