Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here.
The City of Philadelphia’s Office of Sustainability (OOS) works with partners around the City to improve quality of life in all Philadelphia neighborhoods, reduce the City’s carbon emissions, and prepare Philadelphia for a hotter, wetter future.
The Energy Office, housed within OOS, serves to manage energy supply and demand for city government operations.
The Senior Energy Management Analyst reports to the City’s Energy Manager and collaborates with other members of the Energy Office, the Office of Sustainability (OOS), and additional partner departments and agencies. This is an opportunity to help solve complex problems, gain valuable experience in energy management and municipal operations and to contribute to Philadelphia’s sustainability goals as outlined in the City’s Municipal Energy Master Plan.
Summary of Duties:
– Manage the City’s energy management database, including working closely with the Data Analyst to upload, audit and reconcile bills, problem solve, conduct general upkeep of data, manage users, provide user training, and manage major changes to maintain data integrity.
– Manage and support a subset of Energy Office staff.
– Manage building monitoring program and municipal building benchmarking.
– Develop a program and methodology for managing and leveraging real time data from smart meters and/or submeters to be input into the energy management database.
– Track and analyze energy use at the facility and department level and offer direct support to departments in achieving energy reductions.
– Support the Energy Manager in running reports, analyzing data, supporting energy conservation and efficiency programs, and office administrative items.
– Support the Energy Manager in energy procurement activities and related contract management.
– Collaborate with a multitude of City agencies to develop and implement programs that further reduce the City’s energy use.
– Support Office of Sustainability priority areas, including racial equity and environmental justice work.