Under the direction of the Library Property Management Division, this is project management work directing the planning and implementation of pre-design, design and construction phases of projects related to the Library Rebuild Program.
Typical Examples of Work
- Performs condition assessments and site surveys of Library facilities and develops initial scope of work statements with staff and community input
- Develops bid specifications for architectural, engineering and construction resources required to execute renovation projects for the Library Rebuild Program.
- Manages the process of assembling a design and engineering team to address various projects through appropriate bid processes including reviewing qualifications and experience of consultants and making final recommendations
- Manages the process of assembling a construction team to address various projects through appropriate bid processes including reviewing qualifications and experience of consultants and making final recommendations
- Directs the design and construction activities of engineers, architects, consultants, and contractors on multiple simultaneous renovation projects.
- Writes requests for proposals for consultant services in accordance with public procurement policies
- Reviews proposals for consultant services for completeness and adequacy;
- Reviews plans and specifications prepared by project engineers and architects and outside design consultants for adherence to Library requirements and presents recommendations to Property Management and Library management regarding commencement of renovation projects
- Coordinates tasks required to address operational impact of renovation projects on Library facilities including clean out of spaces, move of staff and materials, site prep, move in, and communication of all phases of the process to staff and community.
- Convenes Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC) meetings for each project to review all aspects of design and construction requirements and progress and includes staff and community as appropriate