South Kensington Community Partners (SKCP) is a place-based nonprofit serving residents and business in the East North Philadelphia of Olde/South Kensington. Our mission is to connect our community to resources and opportunities, the land, and each other. We act as, and encourage others to become, engaging stewards of the neighborhood. SKCP is a neighbor-driven organization. We accomplish what we do as a team through the combined efforts of a small staff and the time and talents of hard working volunteer board and committee members, the majority of whom are residents or neighborhood business owners.
The Greening Programs Coordinator plays a critical role in maintaining vacant land, stewardship of community green spaces, and the creation and maintenance of our urban forest by managing a vacant land maintenance crew, facilitating neighbor-led efforts to create and preserve community green spaces, and assisting community cleanup and greening efforts.
Summary of Duties:
– Serve as the point of contact for managing vacant land maintenance contracts.
– Coordinate vacant land maintenance crew, including scheduling, monitoring work, and maintaining lists of vacant parcels, etc.
– Identify opportunities for fee-for-service greening and cleaning business development, exploring potential business models and building relationships with neighborhood-based businesses.
– Promote SKCP’s land maintenance through social media content production, SKCP website updates, and newsletters.
– Assist with 311 reporting and follow-up to address neighborhood quality of life issues.
– Organize and report information on vacant land conditions.
– Assist with distributing recycling bins and information about recycling programs.
– Support neighbor-led Parks Friends and Tree Tenders groups.
– Coordinate with residents who are seeking to preserve informal community green spaces.