The Samuel S. Fels Fund is a private grant-making foundation committed to improving the conditions and opportunities for communities that are marginalized in Philadelphia. Areas of grant-making focus include immigrants/refugees, child welfare, arts and culture, and community organizing.
The Grants & Operations Associate will be responsible for vendor relations, accounts payable, office management, grants management, and grant information communications for the organization both internally and to the public.
Summary of Duties:
– Oversee the development and preparation of grant docket materials for Board and Committee review.
– Develop the user-interface portion of the grant preparation, from the online application process to Board review and result.
– Provide applicant guidance on eligibility and guidelines, and schedule applicant meetings and site visits with staff.
– Perform grant data management in Blackbaud Grantmaking.
– Daily operations include routine accounts payable & receivable, telephone reception, meeting planning & scheduling, office supplies ordering, coordinating Staff & Board calendars.
– Work with the Accountant and Auditor to ensure that finances, payroll, taxes, and benefits are recorded accurately in QuickBooks.
– Maintain website including grants, photos, and grante awardee spotlights.
– Serve as a troubleshooter for Staff technology issues.
– Assist the President of the Fund and Board of Directors with scheduling and analytic reports.
Application deadline is September 12th, 2019 at 5:00 PM.