This position reports to a Regional Program Manager.
Four positions are available: two in region 3 (the northwest part of the Commonwealth– Pittsburgh and surrounding counties), one in region 1 (the South East part of the Commonwealth — Philadelphia and surrounding counties), and one in region 2 (the central part of the Commonwealth – Harrisburg and surrounding counties).
This position requires frequent long-distance travel across multiple counties throughout the Commonwealth.
The Regional Housing Coordinator serves as a subject-matter expert to relevant local housing officials, social service providers, landlords and property managers on all issues regarding affordable, accessible, and integrated housing opportunities for individuals with disabilities and older adults.
Summary of Duties:
– Interface with local housing providers and officials to create awareness and promote affordable, accessible, and integrated housing opportunities for individuals with disabilities and older adults.
– Attend and make presentations at relevant local and regional housing meetings, conferences, and seminars.
– Represent the agency on relevant external committees.
– Develop expertise in relevant laws and regulations related to fair housing.
– Provide proactive technical assistance to housing providers in their efforts to market available properties to individuals with disabilities and older adults.
– Conduct an array of accessible housing trainings and educational seminars across multiple counties.
– Lead, coordinate, and/or actively participate on one or more internal project work teams.