The Employment Specialist will provide ongoing employment preparation, support and opportunity to youth in the workforce program. The Employment Specialist will work collaboratively with all the partners involved in this project to ensure that program outcomes are achieved. This is a grant-funded project and involves multiple stakeholders including the School District of Philadelphia, Temple University Health System, Temple College of Education and other industry training. This work is in support of a larger workforce development strategy for the city of Philadelphia. The goal of the project is to provide Opportunity Youth (17 – 24 years old) and other youth transitioning out of high school career and technical education health sciences programs with industry training and certification that leads to viable long-term employment in the health field.
Summary of Duties:
– Develop partnerships with local employers.
– Regularly attend partner meetings.
– Leverage university and community resources to address the employment needs of the youth enrolled in the program, and support their employment and retention goals.
– Plan and implement job fairs and career panels.
– Develop paid work internship opportunities, career development workshops, and exposure opportunities such as job shadowing and field trips, and develop on-the-job training opportunities.
– Meet with youth one on one to assess their employment needs, provide career planning and coaching, and track youth progress upon program completion.
– Regularly communicate with participants’ through home visits, worksite visits, and social media to obtain signatures, documentation, pay stubs, and engagement for retention efforts.
– Maintain entry/case notes of all client interactions related to employment and career readiness.