Temple University is a state-related Carnegie Research University (highest research activity).
The Assistant Director of Diversity Initiatives & Community Relations assists with overall development and management of recruitment strategies, particularly as it relates to diversifying the undergraduate student applicant and enrollment pool.
Summary of Duties:
– Lead efforts in identifying, recruiting and enrolling students from under-represented populations.
– Manage Philadelphia-specific programming for prospective students, families and counselors through the execution of on-campus and off-campus events, workshops and electronic communication/social media.
– Manage Philadelphia territory including high school visits and college fair programs.
– Work in collaboration to establish recruitment plans that target growth opportunities outside of Philadelphia that will strengthen in out-of-state market efforts.
– Assist in management of scholarship programs specific to Philadelphia students.
– Review freshman applications and make admissions decisions.