The United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) is committed to ending inter-generational poverty in our region. It deploys five primary tools toward this end: Motivate philanthropy; Inspire volunteers to drive the mission; Develop educational programming; Provide best-practices sharing for other nonprofits; Convene leaders to build strategies for the region.
UWGPSNJ is led by a dedicated board of directors and a four (4) member executive leadership team [President & CEO, Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Giving Officer, Chief Mission Collaboration Officer].
The Managing Director of Early Learning (“MD”) is a member of the senior leadership team and, collaboratively working within the regional ecosystem of early learning initiatives, identifies potential investments in high-performing organizations that are able to demonstrate measurable impact in educational outcomes.
Summary of Duties:
– Lead a team of specialists to execute all aspects of UWGPSNJ’s investments in early learning.
– Set strategy and specific performance metrics for the early learning team.
– Build regional partnerships with early learning providers that are focused on poverty reduction.
– Market and communicate with potential grantees, collaborators and investors.
– Collaborating with Senior colleagues to ensure that UWGPSNJ is an effective regional convener, advocate and investor.
– Collaborate with the fund development team to document compelling, impactful stories that will communicate the value of charitable giving.
– Collaborate in developing content specific metrics and indicators (scorecards) that demonstrate impact and under gird UWGPSNJ’s poverty reduction agenda.