West Philadelphia is exploding with opportunity, with some of the city’s biggest and most prestigious employers located in this part of town. At the same time, many members of the community have a hard time accessing the opportunity that is right in their back yard due to challenges associated with unemployment, limited networks, or trouble navigating the modern job market.
University City District (UCD) established the West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) to provide innovative solutions to the challenges faced by both employers and job seekers. The Skills Initiative designs programs that help employers address their talent management challenges, like turnover, while preparing job seekers to serve as West Philadelphia’s talented workforce.
Working in partnership with the Senior Manager of Learning & Development, the Manager, Training & Evaluation will be directly responsible for the classroom and participant evaluation portions of the program experience. The Manager plays a key role in the daily operations of our training program and will work to continuously improve service delivery.
Summary of Duties:
– Provide participants with regular and consistent feedback on performance.
– Share participant action plans to allow staff to support each participant in their ongoing progress.
– Select, coordinate and evaluate any contracted trainers that come in to the WPSI classroom.
– Serve as an expert on instructional design methodologies. Continuously monitor the latest innovations, best practices and industry trends to share with the staff and bring into the classroom.
– Maintain and foster relationships with public and nonprofit agencies, civic associations, and the faith community in order to support recruitment and overall community engagement efforts.