University City District (UCD) has invested in the vitality of a 2.4 square mile area of West Philadelphia. While we were founded to provide the clean, safe, and welcoming streets that are the necessary foundation of every healthy community, our portfolio has grown throughout our history. As a partnership of world-renowned anchor institutions, small businesses, and residents, we create premier public spaces, address crime and public safety, bring life to commercial corridors, run signature events and connect residents and businesses to the opportunity created by University City’s burgeoning economy. Every day, we work to change places and change lives.
The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Communications will shape and lead our approach to resource development, strategic communications and marketing. This new position reports to the UCD President and serves as a key member of the UCD senior management team.
Summary of Duties:
– Provide overall leadership to the creation and execution of UCD’s strategic approach to philanthropic and business partnerships, fund development, marketing, advertising, communications and events programming.
– Implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy against ambitious goals, developing and sustaining relationships with foundations, individuals, corporate and small business sponsors, and public sector agencies.
– Shape and execute a strategic communications plan that engages and informs community, business and institutional stakeholder groups on a wide variety of programs and activities.
– Work with key partners outside of the organization to shape and share the story of University City.
– Provide overall leadership and management of the creative assets of the organization, including branding, publications, events, policy papers, websites, social media feeds.
– Participate in external meetings and speaking events, including engagements with community members, institutional and business leaders, public sector partners and current and prospective funding partners.
– Play a leadership role in informing public policy, and share findings with peers across the broader fields within the community development sector.
– Serve as a liaison to the UCD Board of Directors, reporting on communications and fundraising strategies, goals, and successes.
– Manage team of four experienced, creative and impactful professionals, with the opportunity to add another high-performing colleague within the department.