University City District (UCD) has invested in the vitality of a 2.4 square mile area of West Philadelphia. As a partnership of world-renowned anchor institutions, small businesses, and residents, we create premier public spaces, address crime and public safety, bring life to commercial corridors, run signature events and connect residents and businesses to the opportunity created by University City’s burgeoning economy.
The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Communications will shape and lead our approach to resource development, strategic communications and marketing. This new position – formed by combining two prior leadership roles – reports to the UCD President and serves as a key member of the UCD senior management team.
Summary of Duties:
– Implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy related to developing and sustaining relationships with foundations, individuals, corporate and small business sponsors, and public sector agencies.
– Shape and execute a strategic communications plan that engages and informs relevant groups of our programs and activities.
– Shape and share the story of University City as a place of growth, opportunity and community.
– Manage the the creative assets of the organization including branding, publications, events, policy papers, websites, social media feeds.
– Actively participate in external meetings and speaking events including engagements with community members, institutional and business leaders, public sector partners and current and prospective funding partners.
– Drawing lessons from UCD’s community work, inform public policy and share findings with peers in placemaking, workforce development, place stewardship, and economic development sectors.
– Manage a team of four professional colleagues, with the opportunity to add another professional colleague to the department.