COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS is a program for community groups who want to engage residents to change their neighborhoods. The program provides community groups with money, learning, and coaching. LISC believes community engagement helps make neighborhoods better and healthier for everyone. Twelve groups in Philadelphia will be chosen to participate. The program starts April 28, 2018 and ends October 31, 2018.
We asked community leaders how we could help them better engage their neighbors. They wanted money to support their efforts, individual support, and a chance to connect with people in other neighborhoods. Selected groups will get:
- MONEY: Groups will receive $2,000 to do a project that engages the community and meets a neighborhood need.
- LEARNING: Groups will attend three workshops to learn from other communities and take away tools and tips.
- COACHING: Groups will receive individual support to complete their project; up to 2 hours per month.
Who should apply?
- Community groupsin any Philadelphia neighborhood committed to engaging residents.
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status is not required. Groups without tax exempt status, if selected, will need to have a 501(c)(3) organization act as “fiscal sponsor.”
- Groups must choose two peopleto join the program. Both people should have experience working with neighborhood residents.
- Groups must choose a neighborhood project that addresses a community need.
- Wednesday, February 7 — Application posted
- Friday, March 30, 5 p.m. — Application deadline
- Friday, April 20 — Applicants notified if they are selected
- Saturday, April 28 — Program Kick-off and Peer Workshop 1
- Before June 1 — Each group gets $2,000 for their project
- Saturday, June 23 — Peer Workshop 2
- Saturday, Sept 15 — Peer Workshop 3
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 — Program Ends
Want to learn more?
Join us for an information session:
Tuesday, Feb. 27, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
In person: 718 Arch Street, Suite 500 South, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Conference call line: 1-844-845-5512, press 1 and then enter 97504#.
Questions? Contact us.
David Ferris, Assistant Program Officer at Philadelphia LISC
email@example.com | 215-923-1748