PACDC Magazine celebrates 10 years of publication with a special anniversary edition featuring short-form fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and visual narratives (photography, collage, or illustrations) capturing the stories of Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and encompassing their struggles, heartbreak, beauty, mystery and hope.
PACDC will showcase 10 of the best stories/visual narratives we can find to help uplift these tales for a deeper understanding of and appreciation for just how important community—neighborhoods–are to our city, and ultimately to our country. If selected, featured writers will receive publication in PACDC Magazine and media exposure of your work highlighted throughout the year. Publication release will be at PACDC’s Annual Gala and Awards Ceremony on Thursday, April 16, 2020.
Selected pieces should explore at least one of the following themes for readers/viewers:
- What makes a neighborhood home?
- Does your neighborhood still feel like home?
- What does community mean to you?
- Priority will be given to new and unpublished work.
- PACDC claims no ownership of winning submissions but reserves the right to the share the featured submissions electronically.
- All narrative submissions must be Word or PDF format. Word limit: 750 words.
- All visual narratives must be PDF format. Only 10 images per submission.
- Please include a 50-100 word bio and contact information.
Submissions due Friday, November 15th, 2019 at 11:59 pm. Email your submission to email@example.com.
Questions? Direct all questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 48 business hours.