How should nonprofits effectively advocate for positive policy impact? What are effective policy advocacy strategies being used by and for Philadelphia nonprofits? Villanova University and PANO are excited to host “Nonprofits & Policy Makers II: Voices from the Field”.
Join us for a panel discussion and accompanying workshop to hear perspectives from both nonprofits and government professionals on how to navigate the current policy environment and advocate successfully for your mission. Whether or not you attended “Nonprofits & Policy Makers I: Courageous Conversations in Advocacy”, we hope you’ll join us for another fabulous opportunity to connect with, learn with, learn from, and (most importantly) eat with your local peers!
This half-day program will feature:
- Networking breakfast
- Thought-provoking opening activity
- A panel of local organizations who have “been there, done that”, sharing honest insights into the challenges, realities, and successes of their journeys in advocacy efforts. The panel will feature:
- Sundrop Carter, Executive Director of PA Immigration and Citizenship Coalition (PICC)
- Jennifer Dickson Keith, Director of Evaluation and Operations of the Research & Evaluation Group of Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC)
- Mitchell Little, Executive Director of the Mayor’s Office of Community Empowerment & Opportunity
- Beth McConnell, Policy Director for the Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations
- Interactive advocacy workshop presented by Grassroots Unwired
- PANO Members, $10
- Regular Admission, $20